常用句型:
1. I'm sorry the number is engaged. 抱歉,电话占线。
2. I must have got the wrong area code. 我可能是拨错区号了。
3. Will you check the number again, please? 请您再核实一下电话号码好吗?
4. I'd like to place an overseas call to London. 我想打一通往伦敦的国际电话。
5. Could you put through a collect call for me? 你能帮我接通一个对方付费电话吗?
6. You have a collect call from Bill Smith in Chicago. 您有来自芝加哥比尔史密斯先生的一个对方付费电话。
7. I suggest you check the number in the phone book. 我建议您查一下电话簿。
8. I'd like to make a person-to-person call to Beijing, China. 我想打一个通往中国北京的定人呼叫电话。
9. The charges vary according to the types of call you make. 根据您打电话的种类,费用有所差别。
10. The cheapest is a station-to-station call, then a person-to-person call. 最便宜的是叫号电话,然后是定人呼叫电话。
重点讲解:
拨打国际长途的拨号顺序:international code(国际长途代码) - country code(国家代码) - citycode/ area code (城市代码)- the number(电话号码)
collect call 对方付费电话
person-to-person call 定人呼叫电话
station-to-station call 叫号电话
A: Hello? Operator. May I help you? 您好,总机,您要接哪里?
B: Hello. I'd like to make an international call toAustralia. 您好,我要打一个通往澳大利亚的国际长途。
A: Actually, you can call direct from your room. 实际上,您可以直接从房间里拨的。
B: Oh, really? 是吗?
A: Yes, please have a try. 是的,请试一试吧。
B: I will. Could you tell me the country code for Australia? 好的,可以告诉我澳大利亚的国家代码是多少吗?
A: Sure. The code for Australia is 61, then dial the city code and the number. You have tostart with the international code which is 010. 当然可以。澳大利亚的国家代码是61,然后拨城市代码和电话号码。您必须先拨打国际长途代码010.
B: I see. What time do the special rates apply? 知道了,什么时候可以享受优惠价?
A: It's between six in the evening and eight in the morning. 是从晚上六点到早上六点。
B: By the way, I wonder if I can charge this call to my hotel room. 顺便问一下,可不可以把电话费记在我的房间账上呢?
A: Of course, sir. May I know your name and your room number? 当然可以先生。请您告诉我您的姓名和房间号好吗?
B: This is John Cart in room 1210. 约翰卡特,1210房间。
A: OK, Mr. Cart, I'll inform the front desk clerk of the charge afterwards. 好的,卡特先生,过后我会把电话费告诉前台服务员的。
B: Thanks a lot. 多谢了。
A: That's all right. Bye. 不客气,再见。
B: Bye. 再见。
重点讲解:
international call 国际长途
IDD=international direct dialing 国际直拨电话